Citrus-Herb Pork Roast
The genius combination of seasonings and citrus in this tender roast reminds us why we cherish tasty recipes. It's nice to serve with hot noodles to soak up any extra citrus gravy. —Laura Brodine, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Minced fresh oregano, optional
- Cut roast in half. In a small bowl, combine the oregano, ginger and pepper; rub over pork. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown roast on all sides. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker; add onions.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup orange juice, sugar, grapefruit juice, steak sauce and soy sauce; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat and onions to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Add orange zest and salt. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and the remaining orange juice until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and noodles; if desired, sprinkle with fresh oregano.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked pork with 2 tablespoons gravy (calculated without egg noodles): 289 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.