Steak Sauce Sloppy Joes
Patti Basten DEPERE, WISCONSIN Everyone in our family loves these flavorful barbecue sandwiches. The recipe makes a big batch, and it freezes nicely, too.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup A.1. steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 15 hamburger buns, split
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions, celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, chili powder, paprika and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened and heated through. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 302 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 469mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Spanish Burgers in Country Extra September 2008
Jun 27, 2011
Big hit here! My 13 year old who doesn't like tomatoes even devoured it! Only one who wasn't a fan ... the 3 year old, but that isn't saying much. If you are looking for the non typical sloppy joe. This recipe is for you!