Steak Sauce Sloppy Joes
Patti Basten DEPERE, WISCONSIN Everyone in our family loves these flavorful barbecue sandwiches. The recipe makes a big batch, and it freezes nicely, too.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup A.1. steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 15 hamburger buns, split
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions, celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, chili powder, paprika and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened and heated through. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 302 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 469mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Jun 27, 2011
Big hit here! My 13 year old who doesn't like tomatoes even devoured it! Only one who wasn't a fan ... the 3 year old, but that isn't saying much. If you are looking for the non typical sloppy joe. This recipe is for you!