Savory Steak Rub
Marjoram stars in this recipe. I use the rub on a variety of beef cuts...it locks in the natural juices of the meat for mouthwatering results.—Donna Brockett, Kingfisher, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 tablespoon dried majoram
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Combine all ingredients; store in a covered container. Rub over steaks before grilling or broiling. Will season four to five steaks
Nutrition Facts1 tablespoon: 12 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Savory Steak Rub in Taste of Home April/May 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.