Savory Sausage Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 2 hours
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 6 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf (13 ounces) French bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 17 cups)
- 4 cups cubed multigrain bread (1/2 inch)
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels, optional
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, celery and onions; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sausage. Add bread cubes and sage; toss to combine. Add chicken stock and wine. Stir in cranberries and, if desired, sunflower kernels. Transfer to a greased 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 2-3 hours or until heated through, stirring once.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 261 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Dec 10, 2017
I pretty much make this same stuffing every year for Thanksgiving. The only difference is, I use the packaged "herb stuffing mix" and I use chopped roasted pecan pieces. I don't put the cranberries in, however, it sounds wonderful! My family LOVE this stuffing!
Nov 23, 2017
This is by far the best stuffing I have ever had...well done Ursula!
Nov 24, 2016
Made this for Thanksgiving this year and we all loved it! Great flavors, the only thing I added was a handful of black olives. Yum!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.