Stuffing & Sausage Strata
We are major stuffing fans, so we use it in this sausage strata. If you have leftover turkey, try it as a substitute for the sausage. —Elizabeth Ray, Corona, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
- 6 cups cooked stuffing
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 large eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of each of the following; stuffing, cheese and sausage mixture. Repeat layers. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt until blended. Pour over layers. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Remove strata from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 1-1-1/4 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Originally published as Stuffing Strata in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.