Stuffing & Sausage Strata
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
- 6 cups cooked stuffing
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 large eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of each of the following; stuffing, cheese and sausage mixture. Repeat layers. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt until blended. Pour over layers. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Remove strata from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 1-1-1/4 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 389 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 223mg cholesterol, 1167mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Apr 14, 2019
This recipe was delicious. I made it because i had most of the ingredients already. The only thing i didn't have was italian sausage but i did have amish breakfast sausage. Loved this as i didn't have to remove the casings and the sausage is milder than italian sausage. Plus, for the stuffing i just used 2 boxes of stovetop. Easy and quick. My hubby even liked it. Will definately make this again.