Overnight Sausage Strata
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 7 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, mustard, Italian seasoning and pepper; mix well. Pour over bread. Crumble sausage over top; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 355 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 225mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Jan 4, 2014
Very easy to make. I forgot to leave bread out so had to use it fresh vs. dried cubes and it still turned out great. I substituted ground deer meat that my son took this year, which I am not a huge fan of. However, with these seasonings the dish didn't taste gamey at all. I will make this again for sure.
Feb 26, 2012
Easy to make. A big hit with my family.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.