Overnight Sausage Strata
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 7 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, mustard, Italian seasoning and pepper; mix well. Pour over bread. Crumble sausage over top; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 355 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 225mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 4, 2014
Very easy to make. I forgot to leave bread out so had to use it fresh vs. dried cubes and it still turned out great. I substituted ground deer meat that my son took this year, which I am not a huge fan of. However, with these seasonings the dish didn't taste gamey at all. I will make this again for sure.
Feb 26, 2012
Easy to make. A big hit with my family.