Fresh Herb Rub
This rub is a combination of many different recipe. Not only you can use as a rub for meat but also it tastes wonderful on summer squash.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makesabout 1/3 cup
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cayenne pepper to taste, optional
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Rub over chicken, salmon steaks (about 1 tablespoon for each serving) or sprinkle over lightly oiled vegetables (such as summer squash, onions and sweet red peppers). Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Grill or broil as desired.