Fresh Herb Rub
This rub is a combination of many different recipe. Not only you can use as a rub for meat but also it tastes wonderful on summer squash.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makesabout 1/3 cup
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cayenne pepper to taste, optional
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Rub over chicken, salmon steaks (about 1 tablespoon for each serving) or sprinkle over lightly oiled vegetables (such as summer squash, onions and sweet red peppers). Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Grill or broil as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 tablespoon: 4 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 394mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Fresh Herb Rub in Birds & Blooms June/July 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.