Saucy Skillet Steaks
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. In batches, brown steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth.
- Return steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes. Brush tops with mustard; turn and cook 3-6 minutes longer or until steaks reach desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Season with salt and pepper to taste; sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 628 calories, 48g fat (22g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 479mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein.
Sep 1, 2014
These were quick and easy to make, and tasted pretty good. Not quite as good as grilled, but a great way to have steak during the winter months or on a rainy day.
Mar 3, 2014
Yowza! We loved this recipe. It's wonderfully "elegant" for a weeknight. Once all of the quick prep was complete, this recipe was on the plates in minutes. We had it with a tossed salad and smashed baked tiny potatoes. Yum!
Feb 13, 2014
Wow! What a delicious recipe! So juicy!~ Theresa
Feb 14, 2012
This recipe is a keeper for me just because it is so quick. The steaks turned out very well, not dry at all like sometimes happens when I broil them. I used spicy brown mustard since I don't have Dijon. The only thing I would change is use low sodium broth since I prefer less salt.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.