Balsamic Steak with Red Grape Relish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 2-1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 4 green onions, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place steak in a shallow dish; add 1/2 cup vinaigrette and turn to coat. Let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss grapes with green onions and cheese.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Cut steak into thin slices. Serve with grape relish and remaining vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked beef with 3/4 cup relish and 1 tablespoon vinaigrette: 332 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Dec 17, 2015
This is such a wonderful and simple recipe. It looks so pretty on the plate, but takes only about 10-15 minutes to prep. I love the sweetness of the grapes with the tang of the blue cheese. My only note would be that the recipe calls for A LOT of grapes for the relish, which I don't think is necessary. This makes SO much relish for a 1 pound piece of steak. I only use 1 1/2 cup of grapes and just add some cheese and green onion to my liking. Regardless, we make this all the time. My husband LOVES it.