Balsamic Steak with Red Grape Relish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 2-1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 4 green onions, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag; add 1/2 cup vinaigrette. Seal bag and turn to coat; let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss grapes with green onions and cheese.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Cut steak into thin slices. Serve with grape relish and remaining vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked beef with 3/4 cup relish and 1 tablespoon vinaigrette: 332 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Dec 17, 2015
This is such a wonderful and simple recipe. It looks so pretty on the plate, but takes only about 10-15 minutes to prep. I love the sweetness of the grapes with the tang of the blue cheese. My only note would be that the recipe calls for A LOT of grapes for the relish, which I don't think is necessary. This makes SO much relish for a 1 pound piece of steak. I only use 1 1/2 cup of grapes and just add some cheese and green onion to my liking. Regardless, we make this all the time. My husband LOVES it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.