Steaks with Crab Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, coarsely chopped
- Combine the rosemary, salt and pepper; rub over steaks. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in oil until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), 5-8 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and wine or broth until smooth. Stir in the cream, mustard, horseradish, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in crab; heat through. Serve over steaks.
Editor's NoteTop loin steak may be labeled as strip steak, Kansas City steak, New York strip steak, ambassador steak or boneless club steak in your region.
Nutrition Facts1 steak with 1/3 cup sauce: 558 calories, 30g fat (14g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 886mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 55g protein.
Sep 2, 2014
Used real crab meat instead of imitation. Was absolutely delicious. My husband said he would give it a six star on the 1 to 5 rating system.
Apr 28, 2014
Very good. I made a rue instead of mixing corn starch and wine. It was excellent with steak. Probably go with roasted chicken.
Apr 9, 2013
Easy and everyone loved it :)
Jan 25, 2013
Delicious and a little different than most steak recipes. I will definitely make again.