Brie Mushroom Soup
Simmer up the earthy flavor of fresh mushrooms and the richness of Brie cheese in one delicious, creamy soup. I serve big bowlfuls to warm up everyone on chilly days.—Maria Emmerich, River Falls, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions; cook and stir until tender. Stir in broth, paprika, soy sauce and dill. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until cheese is melted (do not boil).
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 328 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1192mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Brie Mushroom Soup in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.