Brie Mushroom Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions; cook and stir until tender. Stir in broth, paprika, soy sauce and dill. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until cheese is melted (do not boil).
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 328 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1192mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Oct 18, 2019
This is a go to recipe in my home. We usually stick to one onion instead of two
Feb 13, 2015
My sister in law made this and my nephew had it for dessert besides his 1st course! It was awesome though not as good reheated - Amazingly tasty and comforting.