Thyme and Fig Goat Cheese Spread
When I started growing herbs in my garden it took me a while to find a good way to use thyme, but this easy appetizer spread lets it shine. I usually garnish it with a sprig of thyme, slivered almonds and chopped figs. —Laura Cox, Columbia, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Additional minced fresh thyme, optional
- Assorted crackers, French bread baguette, slices or assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, beat cheese, sour cream, honey and thyme until smooth; stir in figs and almonds. Sprinkle with additional thyme if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers, baguette slices or vegetables.
Test Kitchen tips