Fresh Tomato Flatbread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Thinly slice the tomatoes; place on paper towels to drain. Unroll crescent dough; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Roll into a 14x10-in. rectangle; seal seams and perforations.
- Arrange tomatoes and onion over crust. In a small bowl, combine the oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper; brush over top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 10-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 101 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Feb 24, 2014
The seasoning was really tasty on this and I loved how the tomatoes and onions cooked up. I have to agree with the other posts and say that the crescent rolls were too sweet. This may have been perfect if not for that.
Sep 9, 2011
We found the crescent roll dough to be too sweet so I used Pillsbury thin pizza crust dough instead. The directions change as you need to precook this dough at a higher temperature for a few minutes.
Jul 24, 2011
I used a tube of thin-crust pizza dough and some wonderful heirloom tomatoes from a farm stand. It turned out great for a light dinner.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.