Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead for 3-5 minutes. Pat onto an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 203 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 5, 2013
We really enjoyed theses. They are very similar to a biscut. They are also super easy to make.
Mar 28, 2013
We really enjoyed this flatbread. It made a very nice side to fried chicken and veggies!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.