Triple Tomato Flatbread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- Cooking spray
- 3 plum tomatoes, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup soft sun-dried tomato halves (not packed in oil), julienned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 2 cups yellow and/or red cherry tomatoes, halved
- Unroll and press dough into a 15x10-in. rectangle. Transfer dough to an 18x12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil coated with cooking spray; spritz dough with cooking spray. In a large bowl, toss plum tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes with oil and seasonings.
- Carefully invert dough onto grill rack; remove foil. Grill, covered, over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Turn; grill 1-2 minutes longer or until second side begins to brown.
- Remove from grill. Spoon plum tomato mixture over crust; top with cheese and cherry tomatoes. Return flatbread to grill. Grill, covered, 2-4 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 235 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 476mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 31, 2018
Would never use fake pizza dough, bleh. But will use the topping for crostini.
Jul 18, 2017
I made my own pizza crust ( a la Bisquick). I used tomatoes a friend gave me, no cherry tomatoes, and a little Colby-Jack cheese mixture as I am supposed to avoid dairy products. This was tasty off the grill, though I need to develop some magician talents to slip it on and off with dexterity. Will try this again to use leftover sundried tomatoes.
Sep 12, 2016
This was simple and wonderful. I did make it on the grill as directed. Grilled quite nicely.
Jun 4, 2016
Very good, if you love tomatoes ;) I also baked this instead of using the grill. I imagine the grill "taste" would make this even better!
Aug 2, 2015
I baked this in the oven instead of grilling. I also added dabs of cream cheese, maybe 2 oz total, in addition to the tomatoes. This was delicious.
Jul 10, 2015
I tried this using the tube of pizza crust but there was no way I was going to put it on my grill. It would have drooped right thru the grate. Maybe there is a special pan or tray for this but I do not have one. Therefore, I used my indoor panini on the grill setting and it worked just ok. It didn't seem to cook the crust properly and I had to come up with a cover to melt the cheese. However, the combination of tomatoes and spices were very tasty. I will make this again but either cook the pizza crust on a pan in the oven or use a pre-made flatbread. I'd also use a little more cheese to hold the toppings in place.