Loaded Deli Sub Sandwich
When I can't decide between a turkey or roast beef sandwich, I go for both, then pile on fresh, crunchy veggies and two kinds of cheese. Those those that like a little bit of everything, this sub more than satisfies. —Jamie Fanning, Creighton, Nebraska
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 hoagie buns, split
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green or red pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup dill pickle slices
- 1/3 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 1/3 pound sliced deli turkey
- 8 thin slices cheddar cheese
- 8 thin slices provolone cheese
- Optional seasonings: dried oregano, grated Parmesan cheese and pepper
- Spread buns with mayonnaise. Layer with toppings. Sprinkle with seasonings as desired; close sandwiches.
Health Tip: Most of the sodium here comes from the big piece of bread, plus the deli meat and cheeses. Use a mini bun or Kaiser roll, cut back the meat and load on the veggies for a healthier version.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 709 calories, 44g fat (14g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 1661mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 38g protein.
Originally published as turkey & roastbeef hoagie in Simple & Delicious April/May 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.