Loaded Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 ciabatta or kaiser rolls, split
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cooked bacon strips, halved
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound deli coleslaw (about 1 cup)
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet to flatten slightly; sprinkle both sides with dressing mix.
- On a greased grill, cook chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Place cheese on chicken; grill, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Meanwhile, grill rolls, cut side down, 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
- Mix mayonnaise and mustard; spread on roll tops. Layer roll bottoms with chicken, bacon, tomato, avocado and coleslaw. Replace tops.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 15, 2018
Decent grilled chicken sandwich. My local grocery was out of ciabatta rolls so I settled for Kaiser rolls. I am not a fan of our local deli slaws but it turned out ok on the sandwich.
May 17, 2015
Sandwich is flavorful and delicious. I make this meal a lot for my family.
Jul 6, 2014
I thought it was tasty but, as written, I feel it would be too much. I chose to serve the slaw on the side.The best part of this dish, in my opinion, was the *sauce.* I doubled the amount of mayo & mustard and added about a teaspoon of crushed rosemary. Mmmm... My mind immediately began thinking of all the possibilities this sauce could be used for.Thanks Dana! :)