Bruschetta Chicken Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- Dash garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- In a small bowl, mix tomatoes, spinach, onion, Parmesan cheese, basil, oil, vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and garlic powder.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Sprinkle chicken with salt and remaining pepper; place on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Top each chicken breast with one cheese slice; cover and grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Grill tortillas over medium heat 20-30 seconds or until heated through.
- Place chicken on center of each tortilla; top with about 1/4 cup tomato mixture. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling; fold both sides to close.
Nutrition Facts1 wrap: 330 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 569mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Jan 1, 2018
Used a flat out wrap instead of the tortillas, dried basil instead of fresh. The spinach/tomato topping is so good, I could eat it by itself!
Jul 18, 2017
I thought this was very good, tasty. It was quick and easy to get together. I will be making this again just as the recipe is.
Jun 20, 2017
Had leftover chicken so made it with chunks of cold chicken. Liked the flavor, but thought it was just ok.
May 4, 2015
Very good, light, fresh, and easy to make!
Apr 11, 2015
Easy recipe and had a nice fresh taste. I used chicken breast tenders cooked on my grill pan, then sliced them up. Yum!
May 30, 2014
Great recipe! My family of five gobbled up almost everything. My picky eaters did not try the tomato spinach mixture but they did enjoy the chicken with the mozzarella cheese. Next time, I plan to add minced fresh garlic to the tomato mixture; as garlic powder doesn't have quite the same effect.
May 27, 2014
Loved this recipe! The only change I made was to use Southwestern seasoned frozen chicken breasts that I purchased at Aldi's for a really good price. That made it even more flavorful. This was a perfect meal for my husband and me, both of us are trying to eat lighter. This was hearty, flavorful, easy and delicious. It was a great meal on one of the first really warm days of the season.
Apr 8, 2014
Loved the flavors. Grilling the wrap didn't work very well for me, it made it brittle and hard to fold.
Mar 13, 2014
This was good. However, I made a few minor changes. I added fresh parsley and choppe/minced garlic and added some chopped mushrooms. Would make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.