Layered Deli Loaf
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) unsliced bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/3 pound sliced Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/3 pound sliced cheddar cheese
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 large dill pickle, sliced lengthwise
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish and mustard. Cut bread in half. Carefully hollow out bottom and top of loaf, leaving 3/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Spread butter on cut sides of bread.
- In the shell, layer ham, a third of the mayonnaise mixture, Monterey Jack cheese, turkey, a third of the mayonnaise mixture, cheddar cheese, roast beef, remaining mayonnaise mixture, tomato, pickle, onion and lettuce.
- Replace top. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 474 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 1541mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Dec 17, 2011
I have made this for parties many times over the last 11 years. Everyone enjoys! I don't think the original recipe had pickles in it though; I will continue to make without.
Jul 11, 2011
When summer weather rolls around, my family's taste buds anticipate "The Big Round Sandwich." It's a great lunch for guests, too, as it looks amazing!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.