Apple Zucchini Loaf
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) diced apple baby food
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dash ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Drain apples, reserving juice. In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil and reserved juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in zucchini and apples until moistened.
- Pour into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 193 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 4, 2015
Good and moist. Used mostly whole wheat flour and also cut down sugar as recommended. Will make again.
Aug 9, 2015
Best bread ever instead of coconut I just add walnuts
Sep 29, 2014
Easy to make and delicious. Followed reviewer?s suggestion, I used ½ cup apple sauce and less sugar. Friends and family loved it and asked for more. It?s a keeper.
Sep 20, 2014
Love the topping! Used coconut butter for top instead of butter and flax meal to replace the egg. Applesauce really makes it moist. My husband ate 3/4 of it throughout the morning! I used 1 1/2 cup oat flour, 1/2 cup pastry flour, and 1 cup brown rice flour. I doubled the recipe but still only added the 1 cup sugar. It didn't need any more than that. :)
Oct 20, 2013
I couldn't find the diced apples baby food so I used 1/2 c lite apple pie filling instead. It turned out very moist. I love the topping, adds extra special goodness to an already delicious bread.
Jul 18, 2013
I used applesauce in place of the baby food and pecans in place of the coconut in the topping. Turned out very nice.
Jul 17, 2013
Loved this recipie! I also added applesauce instead of baby food apples.
Jul 3, 2013
Hey I was just wondering if anyone knows if this freezes well?
Apr 24, 2013
Sorry...my comment should have said 4 1/2 ounces of finely chopped apples not 450.
Mar 16, 2013
This recipe is outstanding. I'm going to experiment with it to reduce/replace the unhealthy white stuff (sugar/flour) but it's not going to be easy as this has become a family favorite and is high demand. Unless you are eating it yourself, double the recipe because it doesn't last long and you'll be grating the zucchini once more. I couldn't find the babyfood diced apples so I chop 450 oz. of apples and add 1/3 cup juice, applesauce, or cider per loaf.