Deli Roast Beef Sandwiches with Mashed Potatoes
Just like Mom or Grandma used to make—but so much quicker! Store-bought mashed potatoes and gravy and deli roast beef help you turn out this heartwarming combination before you can say, “Order up!” —Ruth Ann Bott, Lake Wales, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 2 cans (10-1/4 ounces each) beef gravy
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 package (3-3/4 ounces) creamy butter instant mashed potatoes
- 4 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the beef, gravy and mushrooms. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, prepare potatoes according to package directions. Divide bread among four plates. Spoon beef mixture over bread. Serve with potatoes.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup meat mixture with 1/2 cup potatoes and 1 slice bread: 347 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 2051mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Hot Deli Roast Sandwich and Mashed Potatoes in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.