Deli Roast Beef Sandwiches with Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 2 cans (10-1/4 ounces each) beef gravy
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 package (3-3/4 ounces) creamy butter instant mashed potatoes
- 4 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the beef, gravy and mushrooms. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, prepare potatoes according to package directions. Divide bread among four plates. Spoon beef mixture over bread. Serve with potatoes.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup meat mixture with 1/2 cup potatoes and 1 slice bread: 347 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 2051mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Mar 28, 2019
Mom and grandma would never have used instant mashed potatoes. Something worth doing is worth doing well. It only takes a few minutes to peel a few potatoes and put them on to boil. Four stars with instant mashed potatoes, five stars with real mashed potatoes.
Nov 2, 2018
Use Bob Evans mashed potatoes in the refrigerated section of the grocery. Quick and delicious
Sep 19, 2016
Comfort food taste, so quick and easy to prepare!
Aug 30, 2012
My family enjoyed this meal... There is just something about gravy that everyone seems to love:)