Sausage Stuffed French Toast
Kids like to help stuff the sausage and cheese into the bread, so this is a good holiday treat. I serve it year-round for breakfast when we have guests or on special family occasions.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 frozen Jones All Natural Fully Cooked Sausage Patties (about 7 ounces)
- 6 slices Italian bread (1-1/2 inches thick)
- 3 slices Muenster or brick cheese, halved
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Maple syrup
- Cook sausage according to package directions; cool slightly.
- Cut a pocket in one side of each slice of bread. Fill pockets with sausage and cheese.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and sugar. Soak bread in egg mixture, about 1 minute per side. Cook on a greased griddle over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Serve with syrup.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 276 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Stuffed French Toast in Country Woman Christmas 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.