Sausage Stuffed French Toast
- 6 frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage patties (about 7 ounces)
- 6 slices Italian bread (1-1/2 inches thick)
- 3 slices Muenster or brick cheese, halved
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Maple syrup
- 1. Cook sausage according to package directions; cool slightly.
- 2. Cut a pocket in one side of each slice of bread. Fill pockets with sausage and cheese.
- 3. In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and sugar. Soak bread in egg mixture, about 1 minute per side. Cook on a greased griddle over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Serve with syrup.
1 piece: 276 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Feb 10, 2018
This is my new favorite way to do French toast. My whole entire family and enjoyed these I topped it with syrup. So good!