Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash sugar
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, pickle relish, salt, chili powder, pepper and sugar; set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles. Cut each in half lengthwise, forming two triangles. Place 1 tablespoon beef mixture along the wide end of each triangle; carefully roll up.
- Place point side down 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 86 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
May 19, 2015
Such a quick, easy and tasty appetizer or side to serve with salad or soup. You can change the filling with ground chicken or turkey if you want to lower the fat content.
Jan 24, 2014
Enjoyed. Of course changed it up slightly. More onion, garlic and cheese. No green chiles. Wrapped completely up. Turned out good. I will fix again. Had never heard of the sweet pickle relish before. That part kind of wrapped all the flavors together.
Jun 4, 2012
These were Amazing! I loved this recipe! It was great for my whole family and they are good heated up the next day as well.
Dec 10, 2010
I haven't actually made these as yet, but the recipe sounds delicious and easy. Going to make them this weekend though and take to a Christmas Cantata at our Church. I'm sure will go over well. To answer "brighteyes051 and Aquarelle's" question. It says to "In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pickle relish, garlic, salt, chili powder, pepper, sugar and cheese; set aside." That's where the "cheese" goes. Sometimes when in a hurry we ommit to read all the directions. Hope that helped you two. Merry Christmas to all!!!
Feb 8, 2010
Made this for Super Bowl party and it was a huge hit! Not one left! I used jalepenos and also added a little hot sauce...we like things spicy. They were very easy..a little expensive but worth it!
Nov 28, 2008
i think you mix it in with the beef
Oct 31, 2008
I ask the same question. What are you suppose to do with the cup of shredded cheddar??
May 11, 2008
What are you supposed to do with the cup of shredded cheddar?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.