Onion-Garlic Bubble Bread
I've relied on this bread recipe often over the years. Frozen dough hurries along the golden pull-apart loaf. It's wonderful with Italian dishes, especially spaghetti and lasagna. —Charlene Bzdok, Little Falls, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- Marinara sauce, warmed, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients.
- Divide dough into 24 pieces. Dip each piece in onion mixture; place in a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. If desired, serve with marinara sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 pieces : 177 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Onion-Garlic Bubble Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 2004