Parmesan-Bacon Bubble Bread
When I needed to put some leftover bread dough to good use, I started with a recipe I often use for bubble bread and substituted savory ingredients for the sweet. —Lori McLain, Denton, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed (16 ounces)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and finely crumbled
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons salt-free herb seasoning blend
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Alfredo sauce, optional
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide and shape into 16 rolls. Place butter in a shallow bowl. In a large bowl, combine the next six ingredients. Dip dough pieces in melted butter, then toss with cheese mixture to coat. Stack pieces in a greased 9-in. cast-iron skillet.
- Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Serve warm and, if desired, with Alfredo sauce.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 140 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Parmesan -Bacon Bubble Bread in Taste of Home December 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.