Parmesan-Bacon Bubble Bread
When I needed to put some leftover bread dough to good use, I started with a recipe I often use for bubble bread and substituted savory ingredients for the sweet. —Lori McLain, Denton, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed (16 ounces)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and finely crumbled, divided
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons salt-free herb seasoning blend
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Alfredo sauce or marinara sauce, optional
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide and shape into 16 rolls. Place butter in a shallow bowl. In a large bowl, combine the shredded Parmesan, half the bacon, half the green onions, grated Parmesan, seasoning blend and sugar. Dip dough pieces in melted butter, then toss with cheese mixture to coat. Stack pieces in a greased 9-in. cast-iron skillet.
- Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Top with remaining bacon and green onions. Serve warm and, if desired, with Alfredo or marinara sauce.
Test Kitchen tips