Pull-Apart Bacon Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 55 min.
- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes or until partially cooked; drain on paper towels. Roll out dough to 1/2-in. thickness; brush with 1 tablespoon of oil. Cut into 1-in. pieces; place in a large bowl. Add the bacon, cheese, dressing mix and remaining oil; toss to coat.
- Arrange pieces in a 9x5-in. oval on a parchment-lined baking sheet, layering as needed. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Cover with foil; bake 15 minutes longer or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 149 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 621mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 7, 2019
I used liquid ranch dressing and added chives which made it more moist
May 11, 2018
So glad I ran onto the recipe. Tried it with an extra loaf of bread dough. Used the packaged bacon bits. Gave it to some friends. They raved about it as did my husband. Can hardly wait to mix more bread so I can make this again. A true keeper.
Feb 19, 2018
My mom started making this years ago when I still lived at home and now this is our family's Christmas breakfast tradition. So yummy!
Feb 18, 2018
Try with crumbled sausage! A friend makes it this way and it's yummy!
Jan 8, 2016
My family loved this....
Nov 15, 2015
Family loved this. I thought it was a tad salty. Next time I may try using low-sodium bacon. I'd hate to cut down on the ranch mix and lose some of that flavor.
Sep 5, 2015
I made this for my son's wedding reception, and it was a hit! However, it needed some tweaking: I added 1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper, and instead of using the single loaf of frozen bread dough, I used a bag of 36 frozen dinner rolls. I let them thaw most of the way, then snipped the rolls in half with kitchen shears, making 72 pieces. Laying out the 72 pieces in a very large deep-dish pizza pan so they were just touching meant that they were very easy to pull apart with one hand.
Dec 5, 2014
I make this every Holiday Season and Now Friends and Family are placing orders for it. It is super Delicous and everyone loves this Bread.
Aug 27, 2013
Found this recipe in my new "Fast Fixes with Mixes" TOH cookbook I just bought. I thought the bread had a ton of flavor but a bit too salty for me. I will make this recipe again because who doesn't like bacon! But I will not use the whole pack of ranch dressing and I may try adding more cheese to make it more cheesy. It was a bit dry. Was very easy to prepare and goes well with soup!
Jan 12, 2013
Tried this recipe for the first time this morning and my family loved it, I make a pull apart bread for the holidays using the frozen rolls and I always have left over rolls that I don't know what to do with, and I always end up throwing them away, this recipe is a good way to use up the left over rolls. It took longer for it to rise the the recipe stated but I solved that problem by following the quick rise instructions on the package, the next time I make it though I think I will make it up before I go to bed and leave it in the oven to rise and bake it when I get up like I do when I make my other pull apart bread recipe.