Veggie Pull-Apart Bread
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + rising Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- VEGETABLE MIXTURE:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting. Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons additional water or flour if needed.
- When cycle is completed, punch down dough and let rest, covered, 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add celery and pepper; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Stir in green onions. Transfer to a bowl; cool slightly. Stir in bacon and cheese.
- Divide and shape dough into 24 balls; roll in vegetable mixture and place in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. If desired, serve with ranch dressing.
Nutrition Facts2 pieces : 289 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 507mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 11, 2017
I do not know what setting to use on the bread machine for the first part of the recipe.Can I make a smaller bread..using half the ingredients? Would like to try it but am unfamiliar with the part time schedule of the the bread. Thanks.
Mar 20, 2017
Based on the reviews, I made some tweaks. For the veggies, I used ratatouille from my freezer (sauteed eggplant, onions, tomatoes, and garlic with rosemary and thyme). Instead of bacon, I used pepperoni. In the bread dough I substituted ranch dressing instead of sour cream and olive oil instead of butter. It came out flavorful!
Apr 4, 2016
I followed this recipe to the letter and it turned out looking exactly like the photo. It's a good base to start with but we found it lacking in flavor and at best so so. I found that surprising because the recipe looked like it'd be very good. Maybe with a few alterations it would be much better but I doubt I will make it again since it takes so much time to make. I'm sorry I really did want to like it but it just lacks that wow factor. It would however be pretty good with a nice bowl of soup or stew.
Sep 20, 2014
Is there a way to make the first part the traditional way? I had a bread machine and didn't like the results at all, so from then on, I didn't mind the good-for-you old-fashioned workout. I would love to do this recipe, but was saddened about the bread machine part. Sorry.
Nov 7, 2011
This was delicious. I might try making a jalapeno-cheese bread with this dough recipe next time.
Aug 23, 2011
Yummy, and so easy!