Pull-Apart Herb Bread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tubes (10.2 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute; remove from pan and set aside. Separate biscuits; place half in an even layer in skillet. Brush with butter mixture; sprinkle with half of the cheese and herbs. Repeat.
- Bake at 375° until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 220 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 487mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 2, 2017
this is so delicious and looks beautiful - and easy too - love this recipe and you can change the varieties of cheese too
Jan 7, 2011
Discovered this years ago when it was first printed. Loved it then and love it now. Have used it for many family meals and parties. Always loved by all and there is never enough. Have also made with homemade biscuits. Fantastic.
Feb 12, 2010
A great quick cheese bread for when you're running short on time. I halfed the recipe, left out the fennel, added parmesan and mozzarella cheese, and cooked it in a round cake pan. Turned out great!
Feb 3, 2010
I made this when I needed a last-minute bread to take to a friend's for dinner. I didn't measure the cheese, and I also added Parmesan cheese and black pepper. I didn't have fennel either, so I left that out, but we all loved it! I'd definitely make it again.