Parmesan-Sage Beer Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups beer
- 1/4 cup melted butter, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. Add beer and 3 tablespoons melted butter; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 9, 2018
This quick bread is very good and the consistency is almost biscuit-like. I will be making this bread again and possibly switch up the herbs depending on what I have on hand.