Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen asparagus spears, thawed
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red or green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, ricotta cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add asparagus, onion, red pepper and mushrooms; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until onion and pepper are tender.
- Remove from heat; remove asparagus from skillet. Reserve eight spears; cut remaining asparagus into 2-in. pieces. Return cut asparagus to skillet; stir in egg mixture. Arrange reserved asparagus spears over eggs to resemble spokes of a wheel.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 wedge: 130 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 192mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 27, 2019
Looks delicious! I must try!
May 20, 2018
I was really looking forward to this recipe, but it was really liquidy.. I think from the frozen asparagus? I cooked it too.. so I'm not sure what else it could be from. Otherwise it was good, just took so long to cook and had to ladel out some of the liqued in the middle.
Jun 13, 2016
Frittata is my new favorite egg dish - it cooks without needing constant attention!We used a little less onion and a little more mushroom (creminis) as a matter of personal taste and added a little garlic.
Apr 9, 2016
Lovely frittata! I used button mushrooms instead of portobello but it's a beautiful dish! Thank you for your recipe!