Feta Asparagus Frittata
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 6 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place 1/2 in. of water and asparagus in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Cook, covered, until asparagus is crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes; drain. Cool slightly.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Chop two asparagus spears. In an 8-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Saute green onions, garlic and chopped asparagus 1 minute. Stir in egg mixture; cook, covered, over medium heat until eggs are nearly set, 3-5 minutes. Top with whole asparagus spears and cheese.
- Bake until eggs are completely set, 7-9 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1/2 frittata: 425 calories, 31g fat (12g saturated fat), 590mg cholesterol, 1231mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 20, 2019
This turned out more like a crepe it was so thin. The flavor was good though.
Mar 28, 2016
I love the flavor combination of the eggs, feta, and asparagus but wanted a little more seasoning. The asparagus might have been a little easier to eat if it had been chopped up a little more, rather than the long pieces on top. But overall, I really liked it and I would make it again, particularly since my family liked the dish as well.
Mar 28, 2014
I love asparagus to start with and this takes it up a nouch DD
Jul 24, 2012
This is such a tasty recipe! For breakfast or for a lighter dinner. I also substituted the green onion for half of a medium red onion and it added some extra flavor.