Feta Asparagus Frittata
- 12 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place 1/2 in. of water and asparagus in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Cook, covered, until asparagus is crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes; drain. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Chop two asparagus spears. In an 8-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Saute green onions, garlic and chopped asparagus 1 minute. Stir in egg mixture; cook, covered, over medium heat until eggs are nearly set, 3-5 minutes. Top with whole asparagus spears and cheese.
- 3. Bake until eggs are completely set, 7-9 minutes.
1/2 frittata: 425 calories, 31g fat (12g saturated fat), 590mg cholesterol, 1231mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Mar 28, 2016
I love the flavor combination of the eggs, feta, and asparagus but wanted a little more seasoning. The asparagus might have been a little easier to eat if it had been chopped up a little more, rather than the long pieces on top. But overall, I really liked it and I would make it again, particularly since my family liked the dish as well.
Dec 31, 1969
I love asparagus to start with and this takes it up a nouch DD
Jul 24, 2012
This is such a tasty recipe! For breakfast or for a lighter dinner. I also substituted the green onion for half of a medium red onion and it added some extra flavor.