- 12 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place 1/2 in. of water and asparagus in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Cook, covered, until asparagus is crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes; drain. Cool slightly. Reserve 12 spears for the top; chop remaining spears.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, salt and pepper. In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot; saute garlic, green onions and chopped asparagus until tender, about 1 minute. Stir in egg mixture; cook, covered, over medium heat until eggs are nearly set, 3-5 minutes. Top with asparagus spears and cheese.
- Bake until eggs are completely set, 7-9 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forFeta Asparagus Frittata
"I love the flavor combination of the eggs, feta, and asparagus but wanted a little more seasoning. The asparagus might have been a little easier to eat if it had been chopped up a little more, rather than the long pieces on top. But overall, I really liked it and I would make it again, particularly since my family liked the dish as well."
"I love asparagus to start with and this takes it up a nouch DD"