- 12 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large skillet, cook asparagus in a small amount of water for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Finely chop two spears; set remaining asparagus aside.
- In an 8-in. ovenproof pan or skillet, saute the onions, garlic and chopped asparagus in oil until tender. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper; pour into skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- Arrange reserved asparagus spears so they resemble spokes of a wheel over eggs; sprinkle with feta cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forFeta Asparagus Frittata
"I love the flavor combination of the eggs, feta, and asparagus but wanted a little more seasoning. The asparagus might have been a little easier to eat if it had been chopped up a little more, rather than the long pieces on top. But overall, I really liked it and I would make it again, particularly since my family liked the dish as well."
"I love asparagus to start with and this takes it up a nouch DD"