Potato Sausage Frittata
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped red potatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large ovenproof skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, saute potatoes and onion until tender. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, parsley, salt and pepper. Return sausage and bacon to the skillet; top with egg mixture.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are almost set. Uncover; broil 6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until eggs are set. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 518 calories, 40g fat (14g saturated fat), 468mg cholesterol, 1054mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Apr 13, 2013
I utilized the basic recipe with what I had on hand to help clean out my refrigerator. I did not have bacon. I added some zucchini and some cheese. I used fresh today eggs from the local farm (about a 1/2 mile from our house). It made a great lunch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.