Potato Sausage Frittata
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped red potatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large ovenproof skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, saute potatoes and onion until tender. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, parsley, salt and pepper. Return sausage and bacon to the skillet; top with egg mixture.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are almost set. Uncover; broil 6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until eggs are set. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 518 calories, 39g fat (13g saturated fat), 430mg cholesterol, 1213mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 13, 2013
I utilized the basic recipe with what I had on hand to help clean out my refrigerator. I did not have bacon. I added some zucchini and some cheese. I used fresh today eggs from the local farm (about a 1/2 mile from our house). It made a great lunch.