Make-Ahead Eggs Benedict Toast Cups
When I was growing up, we had a family tradition of having eggs Benedict with champagne and orange juice for our Christmas breakfast. But now that I’m cooking, a fussy breakfast isn’t my style. I wanted to come up with a dish I could make ahead that would mimic the flavors of traditional eggs Benedict and would also freeze well. Friends, all I can say is, this one fits the bill! —Lyndsay Wells, Ladysmith, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 6 English muffins, split
- 1 envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 12 slices Canadian bacon, quartered
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375°. Flatten muffin halves with a rolling pin; press into greased muffin cups. Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions; cool slightly. Sprinkle bacon with pepper. In a large skillet, cook bacon in oil over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Divide bacon among muffin cups. Wipe skillet clean.
- Whisk eggs and 1/2 cup cooled hollandaise sauce until blended. In the same skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Divide egg mixture among muffin cups; top with remaining hollandaise sauce.
- Bake until heated through, 8-10 minutes. Serve warm.
- Overnight option: Refrigerate unbaked cups, covered, overnight. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked cups in muffin cups until firm. Transfer to an airtight container; return to freezer. To use, bake cups in muffin tin as directed, increasing time to 25-30 minutes. Cover loosely with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning.
Nutrition Facts1 toast cup: 199 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 495mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Make Ahead Eggs Benedict Toast CUps in Taste of Home December 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.