Breakfast Biscuit Cups
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/3 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon 2% milk, divided
- 1/2 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until blended; gradually add 3/4 cup milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In another large skillet over medium heat, cook potatoes in butter until tender. Whisk the eggs, garlic salt and remaining milk and pepper; add to skillet. Cook and stir until almost set.
- Press each biscuit onto the bottom and up the sides of eight ungreased muffin cups. Spoon the egg mixture, half the cheese, and sausage into cups; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Freeze option: Freeze cooled biscuit cups in a freezer container, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, microwave one frozen biscuit cup on high for 50-60 seconds or until heated through.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit cup: 303 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 774mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Jun 25, 2018
My daughter made these for a brunch potluck recently. Made three chioices (ham, bacon, sausage) and put them in slow cookers on low to keep warm. Amazing! I've looked through the comments and don't see if anyone has tried freezing these yet, and how long they would keep. Maybe will try this myself and come back.
Jul 17, 2016
I love having something in the freezer that we can grab, warm up and eat on the go. These are perfect for that on the go breakfast or add to an brunch menu!
Jan 21, 2016
I did not care for this. Taste is okay,but not really a good to go idea.
Oct 16, 2015
I can't wait to make this recipe! I love biscuit cups (I've made Farmhouse Barbecue Biscuits on this website many, many times). The biscuits ARE hard to press into the cups, but if you just slightly roll them out (press into flats with your fingers or a pastry roller) they are easier to place into the cups. And, with this particular recipe, I might even drizzle a little maple syrup over the finished product. Yum! :)
Sep 19, 2015
These are awesome and a real meal in one - very good
Aug 29, 2015
This was really good. I am going to try it again with home made biscuits and extra eggs with no potatoes. I left out the garlic and used chives instead. I also used chunked up sausage links since that was all I had on hand. I think I will try some with bacon and pepper jack cheese! I only gave it 4 stars because I am not a fan of canned biscuits:) Thanks for sharing!
Aug 20, 2015
Easy to put together. Very happy with results. Initially thought jumbo biscuits would be too large for regular muffin pan but it worked! I tripled the batch and did have some filling left over, but that's ok. Someone will get a "breakfast bowl" tomorrow with toast. ;) I doubt there will be any complaints. :)I used my non stick pampered chef individual square brownie pans. Wish I could share a picture. They look and smell heavenly!
Aug 11, 2015
Thanks BTinker for making my morning. I laughed so hard I had tears streaming down my face. I've been cooking and baking for the past 53 years and I must also be dumber then a box of rocks because to my knowledge a muffin tin and a cupcake tin are indeed the same thing. I can't wait to try these tasty sounding breakfast muffins, cupcakes. I think making them with either the refrigerated flaky biscuits or the crescent rolls would both work and taste just fine. I love the fact this recipe can be altered to suit any families taste and can see how much fun it would also be to let the kids help assemble them as well. Thanks for adding to my favorite recipes file.
Aug 10, 2015
Has anyone ever made these in bulk and froze them to use for a few weeks or a months worth of breakfast's?! I'd love o do that as long as they'd still be good for that length of time...please advise! Thank you... :o)
Feb 18, 2015
What is the difference between a muffin and cupcake pan? Is it the size?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.