Quiche Pastry Cups
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 large eggs, divided use
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll each sheet into a 12-in. square; cut each into nine squares. Place in ungreased muffin cups, pressing gently onto bottoms and up sides, allowing corners to point up.
- In a small bowl, whisk 3 eggs, 1 cup cream, thyme and seasonings. In another bowl, combine cheese, spinach, red pepper and bacon; divide among pastry cups. Pour egg mixture over cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining egg with remaining cream; brush over pastry edges. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze baked pastries on greased baking sheets until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, reheat frozen pastries on ungreased baking sheets in a preheated 375° oven 17-20 minutes or until heated through.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 5, 2015
These are sooo good. I could eat these everyday !!!!!!!
Jan 13, 2015
Jan 13, 2015
These were surprisingly easy to make, and the best part was that my family loved them!! I substituted diced ham for the bacon and used pepper jack cheese instead of Gruyere. I also omitted the spinach (because I didn't have any on hand) and added fresh chopped basil and green onion. The great thing about this recipe is that you can use just about any ingredients you like! I was worried that the pastry puffs would stick to the ungreased muffin pan, but they did not. I will definitely be making these again very soon!