Hash Brown Quiche Cups
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1/3 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh baby spinach, thinly sliced
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease eight muffin cups.
- In a bowl, whisk egg, salt and pepper until blended; stir in potatoes and Asiago cheese. To form crusts, press about 1/4 cup potato mixture onto bottom and up sides of each prepared muffin cup. Bake until light golden brown, 14-17 minutes.
- For filling, in a small bowl, whisk eggs and chives until blended; stir in cheese and spinach. Spoon into crusts; top with bacon. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 6-8 minutes.
Nutrition Facts2 mini quiches: 180 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 205mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 9, 2018
Do you think these could be made adding fresh shredded potato instead of the frozen hash browns? I always have plenty of potatoes around and not the frozen hash browns! ?????
May 7, 2016
We made these for our mother's brunch. We doubled the recipe and they still disappeared. It was nice to use fresh chives from the garden. My husband and I were thinking they could have used more egg mixture in each cup. I even made some vegetarian with morningstar tofu bacon.