French Noisette Cups
The word “noisette” is French for hazelnut, and these delightful tassie-style treats have a yummy toasted nut flavor in a golden and delicious pastry. —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups hazelnuts
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese. Beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread hazelnuts in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 7-10 minutes or until fragrant and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. To remove skins, wrap hazelnuts in a tea towel; rub with towel to loosen skins. Reserve 24 hazelnuts for topping.
- Shape dough into 24 balls. With floured fingers, press evenly onto bottom and up the sides of ungreased mini-muffin cups.
- Place brown sugar and remaining hazelnuts in a food processor; pulse until hazelnuts are finely ground. In a small bowl, whisk egg, melted butter and vanilla; stir in hazelnut mixture. Fill cups with 2 teaspoons; top each with a reserved hazelnut.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.