Easter Meringue Cups
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + standing Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/3 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Beat the egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- Drop meringue into eight mounds on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Shape into 3-in. cups with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 275° for 45-50 minutes or until set and dry. Turn off oven and do not open door; leave meringues in oven for 1 hour. Spread cups with lemon curd and fill with fruit.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 180 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 14, 2014
Looks beautiful, but was not a whole-family (7 of us) favorite. It needs to be eaten within a couple hours as the fruit juice soaks into the meringue.
Apr 25, 2014
I took these to our Fruit and Pastry Potluck at Church on Easter Sunday. They were gone so quick, people were looking for more. They were so easy to make and very attractive sitting on a slightly elevated plate.
Apr 17, 2014
We love these! My grandmother always made a full size dessert like this, but these are much easier to serve.
Nov 26, 2013
I made these for Easter dessert, and they were a hit! My first time trying it, and I host Easter dinner every year, and I love trying new recipes.
Apr 15, 2010
I really enjoyed making these. They looked so fun and springy that I tried them out - everyone loved them! They have a great fresh fruit taste.
Apr 27, 2009
I made thaese for a special occasion and received rave reviews. I also made the meringues and served with gelato. Made a nice presentation.jacijaci
Apr 19, 2009
I used my regular Lemon Meringue pie filling recipe as I doubled the recipe for the cups for a crowd. The meringue cups are really fragile but made a great presentation. I had many compliments on these.
Apr 18, 2009
It would be nice if the Nutrition Facts would print when you print the recipe
Apr 17, 2009
These were fantastic and easy to prepare. I too used the lemon curd recipe here and found it to be a bit tart - additional sugar was necessary; otherwise it was great!
Apr 16, 2009
this was a wonderful dessert. I made it for Easter since my daughter and I are both watching our weight. We both loved it!!