Brie Cherry Pastry Cups
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Unfold puff pastry; cut into 36 squares. Gently press squares onto the bottoms of 36 greased miniature muffin cups.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in.-deep indentation in the center of each. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until golden brown. With spoon handle, press squares down again.
- Spoon a rounded 1/2 teaspoonful of preserves into each cup. Top with cheese; sprinkle with nuts and chives. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 61 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 8, 2017
I have a question to one of you. The cherry preserves = is that Cherry Jam? All I have seen in the grocers is Cherry Pie Filling or Jam.
Apr 15, 2014
Followed exactly. Did not go over very well. I think that maybe it was the brie. Not everyone likes it. May try again with something else.
Jun 11, 2013
Outstanding! It's tempting to eat several after tasting them. Made them exactly like the recipe and will make them for special occasions. A little pricey for all the ingredients, but it is worth it.
May 1, 2013
Tasty treat. I used a light brie and the cheese did not melt very well. It was still tasty nevertheless. I will make with regular brie next time.
Nov 24, 2012
I use premade pastry cups, goat cheese, walnuts in syrup and cranraisins. The chives wouls be great for Christmas color.
Nov 20, 2012
Also wanted to add that some slivered almonds on top instead of, or possibly even in addition to, the chives would be heavenly! ;)
Nov 20, 2012
This sounds utterly fabulous! I like the idea of using some apricot preserves as a change even though I dearly love anything cherry. I did notice that pretty much without exception, the lower rated reviews seemed to be because the recipe was not followed as written. Puff pastry and phyllo dough are NOT the same thing. And I've never noticed individual cherries in cherry preserves. Sounds like somebody didn't read very well & was using maybe maraschinos? Anyway, I'll be making these for sure! I can already taste them without ever having made them!
Dec 20, 2011
These are a perfect balance of flavours. The cherry preserves give a perfect touch of sweetness to go with the cheese. Everyone devours these.
Dec 10, 2011
A fun recipe to play around with too. I made these and also made them using corned beef, cream cheese and chives. Great recipe and full of flavor.
Mar 28, 2011
Excellent recipe with lots of possibilities for change. Note: puff pastry and phyllo are NOT the same.