Egg Baskets Benedict
A little puff pastry turns Canadian bacon and eggs into a tasty update on eggs Benedict. We use a packaged hollandaise or cheese sauce for the finish. —Sally Jackson, Fort Worth, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes1 dozen (1 cup sauce)
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 12 large eggs
- 6 slices Canadian bacon, finely chopped
- 1 envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll into a 16x12-in. rectangle; cut into twelve 4-in. squares. Place in greased muffin cups, pressing gently onto bottoms and up sides, allowing corners to point up.
- Break and slip an egg into center of each pastry cup; sprinkle with Canadian bacon. Bake until pastry is golden brown, egg whites are completely set, and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 10-12 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions.
- Remove pastry cups to wire racks. Serve warm with hollandaise sauce.