Denver Omelet Frittata
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 12 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound deli ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Layer two 24-in. pieces of aluminum foil; starting with a long side, fold foil to create a 1-in.-wide strip. Shape strip into a coil to make a rack for bottom of a 6-qt. oval slow cooker. Add water to slow cooker; set foil rack in water.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potato and onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until potato is lightly browned. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish (dish must fit in slow cooker).
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, pepper sauce, salt and pepper; stir in ham, green pepper and 1/2 cup cheese. Pour over potato mixture. Top with remaining cheese. Place dish on foil rack.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until eggs are set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 wedge: 314 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 407mg cholesterol, 726mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Jul 21, 2019
Rahnee64.......How long did you cook it (@ 400 deg.)? Doing it in the oven looks as if it'd be a much easier task; the ingredients look wonderful though. I'm anxious to try it
Jan 19, 2019
I have a large family(and I like meals with leftovers). So here are the changes I made. First, I used a greased 13×9 baking dish. Second, 1 potato isn't enough so added 2 more. Third, we don't really like green peppers, so I used a sweet red pepper. Fourth, I layered the ingredients instead of mixing everything together. Next, I baked in the oven at 400°. And lastly, for the final minutes of baking, I thinly sliced a large tomato on top. This recipe is a good base to customize to your liking.