Denver Omelet Frittata
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 12 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound deli ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Layer two 24-in. pieces of aluminum foil; starting with a long side, fold foil to create a 1-in.-wide strip. Shape strip into a coil to make a rack for bottom of a 6-qt. oval slow cooker. Add water to slow cooker; set foil rack in water.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potato and onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until potato is lightly browned. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish (dish must fit in slow cooker).
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, pepper sauce, salt and pepper; stir in ham, green pepper and 1/2 cup cheese. Pour over potato mixture. Top with remaining cheese. Place dish on foil rack.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until eggs are set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 wedge: 314 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 407mg cholesterol, 726mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 19, 2019
I have a large family(and I like meals with leftovers). So here are the changes I made. First, I used a greased 13×9 baking dish. Second, 1 potato isn't enough so added 2 more. Third, we don't really like green peppers, so I used a sweet red pepper. Fourth, I layered the ingredients instead of mixing everything together. Next, I baked in the oven at 400°. And lastly, for the final minutes of baking, I thinly sliced a large tomato on top. This recipe is a good base to customize to your liking.