Pressure Cooker Denver Omelet Frittata
Pepper, onion and ham go into this classic breakfast preparation, made simple thanks to the slow cooker. Here's the perfect brunch dish to serve company after church or another early outing. —Connie Eaton, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 35 min. + releasing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 12 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces sliced deli ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for high heat; then heat oil. Add potato and onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until potato is lightly browned. Transfer to a greased 6- or 7-in. souffle or round baking dish (1 1/2-qt.). Wipe pressure cooker clean; pour in water.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, pepper sauce, salt and pepper; stir in ham, green pepper and 1/2 cup cheese. Pour over potato mixture. Top with remaining cheese. Cover baking dish with foil and place on a trivet with handles; lower into pressure cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed.
- Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 35 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's instructions.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 320 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 407mg cholesterol, 822mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Denver Omelet Frittata in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.