Jack Cheese Oven Omelet
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside. Saute onions in drippings until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, seasoned salt, 2 cups cheese, bacon and sauteed onions. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Freeze option: Freeze unbaked omelet until firm; cover with foil. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 350°. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted in the center to come out clean. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 352 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 338mg cholesterol, 619mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 6, 2016
Delicious and so easy! I halved the recipe using 2 whole eggs and 1/2 cup egg substitute with no problem. I used microwave bacon, and sprayed the casserole with cooking spray. I baked it in a convection toaster oven, and it cooked in 25 minutes. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting!
Dec 3, 2013
I make this for the office crew almost every Friday...they love it! And it doesn't take long to prepare. I use veggies instead of bacon as we have a couple of vegetarians in the group. Also, have used egg beaters which came out fine as well!
Aug 18, 2013
I made a variation of this dish. I actually used sausage rather than bacon, and white onions rather than green. I think this is a great little dish. I will use it again and add other veggies to it as well.
May 29, 2011
Really good and easy. Made a half portion for husband and self and used 1/2 monterey jack and 1/2 pepper jack cheeses for a little kick. Reheats well. A keeper.
Apr 4, 2009
This is so so delicious.
Apr 1, 2009
Re: Jack Cheese Omelets.I, par boil a few potatoes then slice them when they are cool and lay in the bottom of the pan/dish after which I put in the rest of the ingredients as you do and prepare them the same way. I, add Mexican green peppers from a the can and I sometimes substitute Mozzarella Cheese for the cheese. After baking and ready serve I heat up some Salsa for those who like it on top. Always a favorite with family and friends.Sally O. Arizona
Apr 1, 2009
Could this be baked in individual casserole dishes? And if so, would the length of baking time change?Ruthstew
Jan 13, 2008
You have two of my favorites……omelets and Pepper Jack Cheese, thank you!