Denver Omelet Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange spinach and tomatoes on a platter; set aside. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ham, onion and green pepper; saute until ham is heated through and vegetables are tender, 5-7 minutes. Spoon over spinach and tomatoes.
- In same skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat. Break eggs, one at a time, into a small cup, then gently slide into skillet. Immediately reduce heat to low; season with salt and pepper. To prepare sunny-side up eggs, cover pan and cook until whites are completely set and yolks thicken but are not hard. Top salad with fried eggs.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 229 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 217mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jan 17, 2020
Thanks! It was helpful. I would like to help people out there through my experience. Being on a diet is pretty much difficult as I used to have these cravings for pizzas and sandwiches. So one fine day my friend suggested me this so called keto bread. It is a recipe guide by a nutritional biochemist, Kelley Herring. After going through her website: //*https://bit.ly/379hIZv*// , I have learnt that traditional bread produces certain compounds that trigger receptors in our brain causing pleasure whenever we consume cheese, pizza,etc. This, over a time causes cravings, eventually making it impossible to burn fat, which is the worst we can do to our body. Also that, gluten free products contain arsenic that lead to headaches, fatigue, brain fog, digestive issues, heart disease, cancer and diabetes. And then I got her guide and ended up baking grain free low carb bread and trust me, I never felt the need to cheat on my diet and the best thing is that the taste was all same. I have a healthy body now, in a shape I dreamt of. I would highly recommend you to go through her website, she is assuring 100% money-back guarantee.
May 1, 2018
Loved this salad! Super quick & easy...definitely going on the summer dinner rotation list. I did add some shredded parm. Also liked that it didn't need a dressing.