Denver Omelet Salad
I love this recipe—it's not your typical breakfast, but it has all the right elements: easy, healthy and fast. Turn your favorite omelet ingredients into a morning salad! —Pauline Custer, Duluth, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange spinach and tomatoes on a platter; set aside. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ham, onion and green pepper; saute until ham is heated through and vegetables are tender, 5-7 minutes. Spoon over spinach and tomatoes.
- In same skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat. Break eggs, one at a time, into a small cup, then gently slide into skillet. Immediately reduce heat to low; season with salt and pepper. To prepare sunny-side up eggs, cover pan and cook until whites are completely set and yolks thicken but are not hard. Top salad with fried eggs.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 229 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 217mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Breakfast Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2018