Special Egg Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 12 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the mayonnaise, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper; fold in the eggs. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve on toast with lettuce.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 259 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 225mg cholesterol, 528mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 11, 2011
Excellent! My husband didn't even notice he wasn't eating my usual egg salad. Great healthy lunch.
Sep 1, 2010
Ok,not great but ok man of little wrods I thanks you
Jun 16, 2010
Very healthy and tasty. Nice! MMMM!
Jun 3, 2008
This egg salad recipe was very good! I like my egg salad warm so I skipped the regrigerate for 1 hour and ate the salad as soon as I was done making it. Thanks, will definitely use this recipe again.