Early-Riser Oven Omelet
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 10 large egg whites
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites, eggs, milk, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour into a 10-in. ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the ham, broccoli, cheese, tomato and onion. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are almost set. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until the eggs are set and top is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 230 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 210mg cholesterol, 893mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Apr 22, 2015
This was really good. I forgot to add the broccoli the first time and it was good without. I'd like to try with. I used a 9" pie plate and it worked perfect. Will definitely make for family and friends for brunch.
Oct 3, 2013
A good way to use up extra eggs. This is pretty fast to make. We've had it for supper. I'm sure it would be easy to substitute other meats or veggies.