Contest-Winning Chicken Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 2 cups 2% cottage cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and cream cheese. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soups, milk, onion and salt.
- Spread half of the chicken mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with 3 noodles. Spread with half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Toss stuffing mix with butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 585 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 1564mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein.
Sep 30, 2013
Jul 7, 2013
My husband & I both agreed that this recipe is very bland and "needed something". I won't be making this again.
Aug 20, 2012
The sauce is pretty thin on this lasagna and I wish it had more layers. Overall pretty good and I will make it again but I will probably tweek it a little when I do.
Aug 3, 2012
By far my favorite recipe to use for company or taking a meal to someone. Everyone loves it, even kids! I use bread crumbs instead of stuffing to keep down on the salt.
Jan 16, 2012
INCREDIBLE!!! I use chicken breast instead of the cubed chicken and it is amazing!!
Jan 9, 2012
My Husband and kids loved this recipe. i used a cranberry stuffing on the top and my family loved it. plus always enough left over for another night. I used more than 6 noodles i think i used 9. 6 just didn't cover enough
Feb 20, 2011
Instead of stuffing mix, use Panko crumbs mixed with shredded mozzarella cheese. Extra crunch with a cheesy taste.
Oct 11, 2010
This was very good....but I added a little thyme....gave it a little zip.
Sep 19, 2010
Yum,Very good- delicious on a cool fall evening!
May 4, 2010
This sounds good but is there any way to get the nutritional values of it?Bev A.