Contest-Winning Chicken Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 2 cups 2% cottage cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and cream cheese. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soups, milk, onion and salt.
- Spread half of the chicken mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles. Spread with half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Toss stuffing mix with butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 585 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 1564mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein.
Sep 30, 2013
Jul 7, 2013
My husband & I both agreed that this recipe is very bland and "needed something". I won't be making this again.
Aug 20, 2012
The sauce is pretty thin on this lasagna and I wish it had more layers. Overall pretty good and I will make it again but I will probably tweek it a little when I do.
Aug 3, 2012
By far my favorite recipe to use for company or taking a meal to someone. Everyone loves it, even kids! I use bread crumbs instead of stuffing to keep down on the salt.
Jan 16, 2012
INCREDIBLE!!! I use chicken breast instead of the cubed chicken and it is amazing!!
Jan 9, 2012
My Husband and kids loved this recipe. i used a cranberry stuffing on the top and my family loved it. plus always enough left over for another night. I used more than 6 noodles i think i used 9. 6 just didn't cover enough
Feb 20, 2011
Instead of stuffing mix, use Panko crumbs mixed with shredded mozzarella cheese. Extra crunch with a cheesy taste.
Oct 11, 2010
This was very good....but I added a little thyme....gave it a little zip.
Sep 19, 2010
Yum,Very good- delicious on a cool fall evening!
May 4, 2010
This sounds good but is there any way to get the nutritional values of it?Bev A.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.